Nov 25, 2008

Getting back from christian doldrums

It is very easy for the enemy to sow seeds of negativity in our christian minds. Especially when you are away from all the emotional support that you may get from your fellow christians. One of the reasons why I value fellowship so much (since it is a God-given channel for the promptings of the Holy spirit). 

A couple of verses that I got today as I was feeling a bit blue myself. 
Psa 77:9-11 :  Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah. And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old
Let not a doubt pass through our minds as to the love and care that our father has for us. 
Jer 31:3  The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
It is not a love based on our merit, but a love in his compassion for us. 
Job 7:17  What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him? 
It is a love since we are adopted as His children - It is a fatherly love towards His believers. 
1Jn 3:1  Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 
If there's a believer out there who is feeling not his best today, let us look to the past to all the instances where God has been with us and bestowed His love on us. That should pep us up. Realize the tricks of the enemy to take our eyes away from the lord and onto the negative thoughts placed in our mind by the enemy. 

God loves you. 

In His love,
Thomas

PS: After I continued reading, I got the following more verses.

Ecclesiastes 7:14 : When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Thomas,

    First time commenter here...:)

    Good stuff, thanks for the verses. Yea, we can get down, with all the crap going on around (and many times within) us. We need to keep our compasses tuned.

    ReplyDelete