Nov 28, 2008

Devotional - Completion of God's good work

Php 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 

The deeper meaning of this verse is more related to the perfection attained in the spirit, subesquent to the new birth and the constant walking in the spirit. (See my blog post on the same theme) But for me, I have seen this come to fruition in so many small things in my life too. There have been so many things which seemed difficult, targets which seemed unattainable, obstacles which seemed unsurmountable - But praise the Lord, he makes them all a level ground for us who believe in him. 

All through my life I have seen His grace channeling me through very many troubles. It's a time for me to look back thankfully for all the times he has protected me - and I am sure that is more than what I can know or count. 

I am finishing my assignment today - It has been a long 5 months in UK away from my family, working on one of the most interesting projects I have seen (and probably one of the more difficult ones). Thanks to Him, he has guided me through this difficult phase too, and in a glorious manner.

Yet another reason to praise Him today. Yet another assurance of a reason to praise Him tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for his work in us, for his "good and perfect pleasure". As believers, we are changed from "Glory to Glory" more and more each day. I am so thankful that his work in us never ceases as we wait for His return. Hope you get to spend the holidays with your family and just live, love, and smile in their presence! God Bless and take care of all the gifts He has given.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete