Sep 19, 2008

Bible study - Reasons to praise the lord (WHY?)

None can exhaust the reasons to praise the lord. I am only doing this study to convince us of the enormity of our need to Praise Him ! (I have been fully guided in this study by R.A.Torrey's work)

God (&Christ) is worthy of our praise. 
2Sa 22:4  I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. 
Rev 5:12  Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing. 

Praise God for 

His majesty, glory & excellence
Psa 96:6  Honor and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary. 
Isa 24:14  They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the LORD, they shall cry aloud from the sea. 
Psa 138:5  Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD: for great is the glory of the LORD. 
Psa 148:13  Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven. 

His greatness
1Ch 16:25  For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.
Psa 145:3  Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. 

His holiness
Isa 6:3  And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. 

His wisdom
Jud 1:25  To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. 

His power
Psa 21:13  Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power. 

His goodness & mercy
Psa 107:8  Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! 
Psa 118:1  O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth forever. 

His loving kindness & truth
Psa 138:2  I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. 

His faithfulness
Isa 25:1  O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. 

His salvation
Psa 18:46  The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. 
Isa 35:10  And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. 
Isa 61:10  I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness,
Luk 1:68  Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 

His wonderful works
Psa 89:5  And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints. 
Psa 150:2  Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. 
Isa 25:1  O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. 

His solace
Psa 42:5  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. 
Isa 12:1  And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. 

His righteous judgement
Psa 101:1  A Psalm of David. I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing. 

His counsel
Psa 16:7  I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. 

His true promises
1Ki 8:56  Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant. 

His pardon of our sins
Psa 103:2  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 
Psa 103:3  Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 

His gift of spiritual health
Psa 103:3  Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 

Our constant preservation
Psa 71:6  By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. 

Our deliverance
Psa 40:2  He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 
Psa 40:3  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. 
Psa 124:6  Blessed be the LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth. 

Our protection
Psa 28:7  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. 
Psa 59:17  Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defense, and the God of my mercy. 

Answering our prayers
Psa 28:6  Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. 
Psa 118:21  I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. 

His spiritual blessings
Eph 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 

His temporal blessings
Psa 136:25  Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth forever. 

His constant blessings
Psa 68:19  Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.

I would love to continue this as a series on how to praise the lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment